Man Who Prompted Travolta Mistrial Apologizes

The man whose public statement prompted a mistrial in the John Travolta extortion case has publicly apologized to the court judge and the people of the Bahamas, reports the Associated Press.

Picewell Forbes made a premature announcement last week during a televised speech at a political convention that there had been an acquittal in the case while the jury was still deliberating. He now says his announcement was "reckless" and "not true."

The judge who declared a mistrial has said she is considering a contempt of court charge against Forbes, and a court hearing is scheduled for Thursday on the matter.



Read Complete Article at ETonline - Celebrities


You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*